Teaching Methodology Part 1, Interactive
This interactive course will take place on June 14 - July 2, 2021.
In this course you will learn to teach with feeling and with clarity, focussing on the first half of Blissology’s Yoga Honey Sequence.
You will learn to rethink how and why yoga is taught, so that you are not just reciting stale cues that do not fully capture the full potential of the asanas.
We will up-level your ability to empower students to build the most beneficial poses for their unique needs and bodies.
As a result, you will become crystal clear on the tools to help transfer knowledge in a way that students can understand and build yoga poses up from the inside out.
Teaching yoga is both a Science and an Art. This groundbreaking course offers both those tools: the logical ones such as understanding sequencing and the rhythm of a Blissology flow class; as well as the more subtle, intangible skills required to become a proficient yoga teacher: feeling and working with the energy of your class, and using your voice: the instrument of the soul.
This module is the last course that is part of our 100 hr Online YTT. You will use techniques you have honed in the first two courses (Align Your Yoga, Align Your Life AND Commit to Bliss) and apply them to both your own practice as well as teaching scenarios. This way, you will be ready to teach classes that flow, are technically sound and share a powerful experience with your students.
We can’t wait to share this journey with you!
In this training we'll be learning the majority of this 35-minute Yoga Honey sequence:
> Session 1: Sun Salutations
We will teach sun salutations in small groups.
> Session 2: Triangle Matrix
We will teach Triangle Matrix in small groups.
> Session 3: Warrior Matrix
We will teach Warrior Matrix in small groups.
To continue your teaching journey further, please ask us about completing the second half of our Yoga Alliance Certified 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Program.
Namaste + Aloha,
Eoin Finn + the Blissology Team.
Frequently asked questions about this course:
- Who is this course for? This course is designed to support students who are interested in pursuing their 100 HR Online Immersion or 200 HR YTT. A pre-requisite to this course is that you to have completed Align Your Yoga, Align Your Life Part 1 & Commit to Bliss Part 1 first.
- How much time should I expect to spend on this course? This is an interactive course that is set over 3 weeks and led by Eoin Finn, along with Mentors who are a Certified Blissology Yoga Instructor. This 3 week course is roughly 35 hours in total and includes pre-recorded lectures, live zoom calls, yoga practices, journalling and homework submissions (in the form of written work + recordings of your teachings for review).
- What should I expect to learn from this course? You will walk away learning how to teach yoga with feeling and clarity. This module specifically focuses on the first half of Blissology's Yoga Honey Series. This course will allow you to teach back in order to help up-level your ability to empower students to build the most beneficial poses for their unique needs and bodies. A requirement of this course will be to submit video recordings of your teachings so that you can get 1:1 mentorship from a Blissology Certified Yoga Instructor to support your training and development.
- Does this course count towards Yoga Alliance CEUs. Yes. You will receive 35 CEUs if you are a current, registered YA teacher. You may also use this course towards our 200 hr Yoga Alliance Online YTT.
- How long will I have access to this course content? You will have unlimited access to this content and it will not expire. Enjoy this benefit and feel free to revisit this module whenever you need.