Iyengar and Krisnamacharya practice Vinyasa Yoga in 1936
I'm including this video for a little historical context
I think it's important to know and respect the lineage of yoga. Especially as we take so many liberties to address the needs of the modern era.
You don't have to watch the whole thing but I have a few intentions for sharing
1) TKS Krishnamacharya is someone you should know. I assume you do, but if you don't google him immediately as none of us would be in this course right now most likely if it wasn't for him
2) He had three main students, I also assume you know. Pattabhi Jois (an old teacher of mine) who created Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, his son Desikachar and, of course, BKS Iyengar.
3) Many people associate Iyengar Yoga with "start and stop," "Detail over flow" (to use Blissology vernacular)
However, as you can see, he was busting out some epic vinyasa sequences back in 1936
4) I practiced Iyengar's vinyasa sequences religiously for 7 years. I loved them.
5) As I mentioned, we need to know our lineage of yoga and vinyasa sequences.