The Yoga Sutras is one of the most influential texts in Yoga. However, understanding its wisdom requires a knowledgeable guide to crack the code. Eoin wants to take advantage of his 25 years of study of this text and share these pearls of wisdom in easy-to-understand language and concepts.
You will see this course has implications not just for Yoga, Meditation, and Spiritual Living. It has powerful insights into the nature of mind, psychology end even modern neuroscience. Many courses and commentaries on the Yoga Sutras bend and dilute its message to make it more palatable for modern sensibilities. However, by the end of the course, you will be crystal clear on what the text is actually saying. As well, Eoin will share his exciting and fresh insights into how you can incorporate the powerful, ancient knowledge of the Yoga Sutras into your life.
Of course, to really understand this path, we have to not just study the text with our rational mind but to sit down and practice silencing our minds in meditation.
In addition to the lectures provided in this course, you will also receive 4 unique meditations for you to practice throughout each lecture.
To wet your appetite, here is a video Eoin made about Satya and our Highest Consciousness. Have a listen to this 7 minute video and be inspired.
Important "need to knows" for this course.
- Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of yoga, & yogic philosophy.
- How much time should I expect to spend on this course?
The full course is approximately 5-6 hours. In addition, this course will also include 4 x 20-minute unique meditations for you to practice.
- What should I expect to learn from this course?
By the end of this course, you will walk away knowing what the Yoga Sutras text is actually saying and be able to incorporate this powerful, ancient knowledge into your life.
- How long will I have access to this course content?
You will have unlimited access to this content and it will not expire. Enjoy this benefit and feel free to revisit this module whenever you need it.
If you are interested in deepening your knowledge of Eastern Philosophy to gain wisdom and practical tools for your life, we encourage you to check out The Blissology Living Yoga Bundle | which includes three courses: Ayurveda, Yoga Sutras + Yogic By Nature. By purchasing this bundle you'll save over US$300.
Yoga Sutras Course Curriculum
- Why study the sutras if it’s not about love? (8:46)
- A brief History of Yoga + the Yoga Sutras (14:28)
- Spirit vs Matter: What the Yogis are Saying (11:53)
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break 1 (1:43)
- What Happens when we meditate (12:43)
- What is Yoga Sutras 2,3 and 4 (13:25)
- Yoga Means Disunion: Purusha and Prakriti - the great Divorce (10:23)
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break 2 (1:39)
- Purusha and the Hard Problem of Consciousness. (10:58)
- Food for Thought: Biocentrism
- Food for Thought: The Hard Problem of Consciousness
- Vrittis and Kleshas: The Threads from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 - The Kleshas: Obstacles That Keep us Attached
- Threads connecting Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 (11:47)
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break (1:33)
- 1st Klesha: Avidya (6:40)
- 2nd Klesha: Asmita (3:42)
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break (1:00)
- 3rd and 4th Klesha: Raga and Dvesha (9:47)
- 5th Klesha: Abinivesha (9:50)
- The 8 Limbed Path Overview Part 1 and 2 (30:43)
- The Great Vows: Yamas and Niyamas (8:19)
- Ahimsa (6:43)
- 2nd Yama: Satya (5:50)
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break (2:07)
- 3rd Yama: Asteya (4:34)
- 4th Yama: Bramcharya (4:59)
- 5th: Aparigraha (5:36)
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break (2:04)
- 1st Niyama: Saucha (6:44)
- 2nd Niyama: Santosha (4:29)
- 3rd Niyama: Tapas (4:41)
- stretch break (1:24)
- 4th Niyama: Svadhyaya (6:17)
- 5th Niyama: Isvarapranidana (6:47)
- Intro to the Meditative Limbs 3-8 and the Chariot Analogy or the Senses
- 3rd Limb: Asana
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break
- 4th Limb: Pranayama
- 5th Limb: Pratyhara
- Blissology Intra-Lecture Stretch Break 2
- 6th, 7th and 8th Limbs, the Samyamas: Dharana; Dhyana, Samadhi
- The 8 Limbs understood through a Basketball Free Throw
WANT TO DEEPEN YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH BLISSOLOGY?
Check out our other courses that are great for yoga enthusiasts and yoga teachers alike.